WHO ARE THE CAREER ADVISERS
Career Advisers support students in identifying career paths that best match their inclinations and talents and provide them with the tools and skills to create action plans for achieving their career goals.
Career Adviser supported courses are preparatory to curricular training, but do not guarantee preferential access to internship positions. Internship proposals are reported by Career Advisers through a weekly newsletter or are found independently by trainees on the recommended platforms.
WHAT ACTIVITIES DO CAREER ADVISERS PERFORM
- offer consultancy in the field of on/off-line personal branding;
- support students in the construction and development of theri career path;
- provide advice on the different forms of CV writing (resume, video CV,...), on the drafting of cover letters, on the most appropriate ways to face a selection interview (simulation of interviews in presence, blind interviews, through online interviews, through project development);
- together with the University's Stage & Placement Office, provide support in the placement phases: they promote meetings with companies (roundtables) and events to orient students to the professional field (career paths, speed interviews, workshops on employment contracts, entrepreneurship, and the creation of start-ups);
- develop the soft skills needed to enter the professional world;
- offer an up-to-date overview of the main trends related to the professional world through the recommendation of specific readings (sector and news articles);
- provide information on open internship positions through a weekly newsletter;
- assist in the identification of possible companies for students’ internships.
HOW TO CONTACT CAREER ADVISERS
Communication with Career Advisers takes place through 3 channels:
- Mailing list: students regularly enrolled in the degree programme will receive communications from Career Advisers regarding internship offers, events and orientation initiatives. Students are requested to read their mailbox @icatt regularly.
- Blackboard: notices, documents, forms required for the various practices, presentations and tools are available on the Blackboard internship page; students are invited to register at the same time as enrolling.
- Meetings: Career Advisers receive upon appointment; requests should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday of the previous week. Please remember to indicate in the subject line of the email the surname of the Career Adviser you would like to speak to.
Unless otherwise announced, the meetings with the Career Advisers will start on 1st October of each Academic Year and will end at the end of July of the same year.
Meetings are by appointment and ON LINE.
CIMO's Career Advisers are:
- Dr Alessandra Olietti
- Dr Deborah Paola Gaudio
- Dr. Giorgia Bresciani
TIMING AND SERVICE STANDARDS
Career Advisers can be reached by e-mail from the 1st of September of each Academic Year to the end of July of the same year, at the official e-mail address email@example.com. In August, the service is inactive. Students are requested to forward to the Career Advisers communications and documents relating to the recognition of work activities carried out or requests for formalisation of internships, taking into account this timetable.
Students are requested to use the above email address only. Communications sent to other addresses will not be processed.
Students are invited to read the regulation and FAQs.