The Master in Physics for Technologies and Innovation is a two-year programme designed for talented physicists and students with a background in STEM disciplines who want to develop top-notch and multidisciplinary skills to enter the new business context. The goal of the programme is to merge basic knowledge in hardcore science with soft and hard skills in data science and innovation/entrepreneurship.
The specific learning objectives of the course will be:
- Deep knowledge of the physical principles driving the development of the next-decades leading technologies, with particular focus on the fields of electronics, photonics, nanotechnologies, optoelectronics, photon and energy harvesting, quantum technologies.
- Core knowledge of the most widespread coding tools to manage big data and of artificial-intelligence-based techniques to tackle technological, strategy and business problems.
- The ability to recognise the potential for innovating products and processes and to transpose fundamental knowledge in hard science into innovative technological ideas and original approaches to solve problems.
- Core knowledge of the entrepreneurial instruments necessary to create value from novel technologies and data management.
- Relational skills for operating in technology-oriented non-academical contexts that are intrinsically multidisciplinary and highly international.
- Strategic vision of the market and trends in technology.
In a technology-driven world that is growing and changing faster and faster, the future players will base their success on:
- the capacity of applying fundamental scientific knowledge to real problems in a flexible way;
- the intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn new concepts and solve complex and multidisciplinary problems;
- the openness to the challenge and the capacity to lead technology-oriented changes.
In this context, the breadth of the concepts, ideas and methodologies developed during a physics programme provides a compass, which is way richer and flexible than any specific and focused university programme.